Vincent Tay & Yvonne Chung

fishing mad Sporean couple in Rochester, Minnesota

Monday, September 11, 2006

9/11 what were we doing then....

well, Gnat started this blog rolling, so I will chip in with my 2 cents worth...

I had just started my housemanship, well, I was into my first month when this happened. when the planes struck, I was fast asleep. got to work the next day and it was all over the papers, everyone was talking about it and we were trying to watch the news from the patients' TVs in the VIP rooms.

funny actually, I was thinking... who do I know in New York who might be affected... then I remembered Vincent's sis was in NY at that time. (I hadn't spoken to vince for more than 6 months then, he had pissed me off real bad, so we were not going out at that time). well, I set my differences aside and texted Vince. No reply, the obnoxious bugger... oh well, sod it then! I just carried on with my work.

i kept remembering the scenes on TV that evening when I got home. still sends chills down my spine as I can imagine the horror of being trapped up there. I distinctly remembered the video of this chap who jumped to his death. I guess that's a better way to go than be suffocated and burnt to bits.

Vince called me 1 week later. His sis was living a couple of blocks away. scary thought! the twin towers collapsed apparently in the opposite direction to where his sister was staying. MAS (where his sis worked for during that time) flew the Sporeans home ASAP. Vince asked me out for makan at some wonton mee joint in the east coast. we saw a movie later. I started going out again with Vince after that and the rest is kinda history....

I don't think Vince remembers the details of all this, not that he's the type that bothers... :p

but 9/11 is a sombre day of rememberance but it also brought vince back into my life in a funny way when I had written him off for good....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home